What is Western Digital MyBook?
What is Western Digital MyBook?
My Book is a series of external hard drives produced by Western Digital. My Book drives are designed to look like a standard black hardback book, with the exception of the Pro/Studio series, which are silver, and the World series, which are white.
How do I use hard drive on MyBook?
Tips for Getting Started with the WD My Book Backup Drive
- Plug in the power supply to the wall/powerbar and to the drive.
- Plug the USB cable between the computer and the drive.
- The drive should now turn on.
- Look for the new hard drive in My Computer.
- Double click on it and then on “WD Apps Setup”.
How do I remove the harddrive from my Western Digital My Book?
Western Digital My Book – Opening the Case – Removing the Drive
- Locate the two rubber pads on the bottom of the enclosure near the front, curved surface.
- Slide the clear plastic LED front panel conduit forward and remove.
- Rotate the hard drive/carrier assembly sideways and then lift away from the case.
How do I use WD My Book Essential as an external hard drive?
How to Use a My Book External Hard Drive
- Insert the My Book power adapter into the back of the hard drive, and plug the other end into a standard electrical outlet.
- Connect the My Book external hard drive to your PC computer using a USB cable.
- Open the “Start” menu and click on the “My Computer” icon.
Can’t access my Western Digital external hard drive?
Fix WD external hard drive not recognized error
- Go to Setting > Update & security.
- Tab on Recovery > Advanced Startup > Restart now.
- PC will automatically boot into another Startup Settings screen.
- Press F4 to initiate PC reboot into Safe Mode.
- Then check whether the WD external hard disk can be detected or not.
Where do I find WD in my book?
The WD Discovery application, a collection of drive management tools such as WD Backup, WD Security and WD Drive Utilities, can be installed from your My Book drive. WD Discovery is a tray application; a small icon appears in the Windows system tray in the lower right-hand corner of the screen.
Where can I Register my Western Digital my book?
Always register your My Book device to get the latest updates and special offers. You can easily register your device using the WD Discovery software. Another way is to register online at register.wdc.com. Handling Precautions WD products are precision instruments and must be handled with care during unpacking and installation.
Where to find firmware for Western Digital drives?
Acronis True Image for Western Digital to back up their drives.) A NEW SMART PERSONAL CONTENT APP: Be among the first to try the EdgeRover™ desktop app! * If your product is not listed above, please visit the product page. Your firmware version can be found by going to the device’s web interface and looking for the Firmware section.
Can You update WD SmartWare on a Mac?
This update is only for products that originally shipped with WD SmartWare and will not function on previous generations of products. This update does not work on My Book for Mac, My Passport for Mac or My Book Studio. the Virtual CD, click here for instructions.