What is the curriculum for Grade 9?
To prepare for high school, Grade 9 students are required to take six subjects: English Language Arts, Health and Life Skills, Mathematics, Physical Education, Science and Social Studies. They can choose from additional optional subjects to round out their curriculum.
What are the big ideas in the Ontario curriculum?
Big ideas are the main concepts that students should understand about a particular strand or unit in a subject. Some examples in the Ontario curriculum include: Social and political conflicts and changes in the first half of the 19th century have had a lasting impact on Canada.
What should a Grade 9 math know?
Grade 9 Mathematics
- understand powers with integral bases and whole number exponents.
- compare and order fractions and decimals.
- add, subtract, multiply and divide positive and negative fractions and decimals.
- determine square roots of positive rational numbers that are perfect squares.
How do I prepare for Grade 9?
Study Tips and Tricks for Grade 9
- Exercise, exercise and exercise!
- Do as many examples as possible.
- Don’t be afraid to ask questions!
- Make stories and rhymes!
- There will be chapters that you are better with and there will be some that you struggle with.
What can I do with Grade 9?
Starting your Career Education in Grade 9 or 10
- Receptionist Studies Certificate. Study period: 8-12 months.
- Trades: (Plumber/ Welder/Motor Mechanic/Electrician etc)
- Website Designer.
- Beauty Therapist.
- Teaching Theatre Arts.
- Performers Diploma in Speech & Drama.
- Business Management Certificate.
- Tourism Marketing.
What are the 8 areas of social studies?
Eight Strands of Social Studies PowerPoint Activity. This is a social studies PowerPoint intended to teach students about the 8 strands of social studies. The 8 strands addressed are: Culture, History, Government, Economy, Social Studies Skills, Science, Technology, and Society, Citizenship, and Geography.
What are the 5 social studies?
The five components of Social Studies are Geography, History, Culture, Politics, and Economics.
What every ninth grader should know?
Ninth grade students will cover topics such as real numbers, rational and irrational numbers, integers, variables, exponents and powers, scientific notation, lines, slopes, the Pythagorean Theorem, graphing, and using equations to solve problems.