What are the roles of a citizen?
Mandatory Duties of U.S. Citizens
- Obeying the law. Every U.S. citizen must obey federal, state and local laws, and pay the penalties that can be incurred when a law is broken.
- Paying taxes.
- Serving on a jury when summoned.
- Registering with the Selective Service.
What are the social responsibilities of a Kenyan citizen?
Social responsibility of Kenyan citizen are;
- To help in times of emergencies.
- Taking care of the vulnerable in the society.
- Promoting gender sensitivity.
- Promoting good morals (honesty, integrity)
- Discouraging drug and substance abuse.
What are four duties and responsibilities of citizens?
Respect and obey federal, state, and local laws. Respect the rights, beliefs, and opinions of others. Participate in your local community. Pay income and other taxes honestly, and on time, to federal, state, and local authorities.
What are 10 characteristics of a good citizen?
Below you’ll find 10 ways to be a good citizen.
- A Good Citizen is Patriotic.
- Model the Personal Qualities of Good Citizens.
- Be a Productive Member of Society.
- Be Active In Your Community.
- Keep Yourself Well-Informed.
- Be Vigilant.
- Participate in Your Nation’s Political Life.
- Be a Mentor.
Why is it important to have both rights and responsibilities?
Rights and responsibilities help make our communities better. Rights are freedoms we have that are protected by our laws, while responsibilities are duties or things that we should do. In order to be good citizens, or members of a community, we must understand our rights and responsibilities.
What are characteristics of a good citizen?
The personal qualities of a good citizen include the following:
- Honesty – tell the truth.
- Integrity – be morally upright.
- Responsibility – be accountable for yourself and your actions.
- Respectfulness – treat others how you want to be treated.
What are the rights and responsibilities of a Kenyan citizen?
Every Kenyan has the right to start court proceedings, if the constitution has been contravened or is threatened with contravention. Regardless of the presence of elected representatives: Every citizen has an obligation to respect, uphold and defend Kenya’s sovereignty.
Why is it important to have democracy in Kenya?
Now ,the eyes of the Kenyan citizens are glued on their leaders. Both leaders and their citizens have equal rights. Citizens have the right to point and to report leaders who misuse their positions for their own gains. 3.Democracy helps to promote a sense of responsibility for leaders and those in government positions towards their citizens.
How does the executive authority in Kenya work?
The Executive authority (the Presidency) obtains its power from the citizens of Kenya and acts as empowered by the constitution. The judiciary obtains its power from Kenyan citizens and acts through the courts and tribunals.
What are the rights and responsibilities of a citizen?
Every person has the right to lodge a case in court if a right or fundamental freedom in the Bill of Rights is denied, violated or threatened. The right to equality, equal protection and equal benefit in law; Protection from slavery, servitude & forced labour;