How do I verify my Google Merchant Center?
How to verify and claim your URL in the Google Merchant Center
- Log into your Google Merchant Center account.
- Click Settings – the wrench icon towards the top right.
- Select Business Information.
- Select the Website tab at the top.
- Follow the instructions (HTML or Alternate method).
- Click Verify & Claim.
What is Google Merchant Center?
Merchant Center lets you manage how your in-store and online product inventory appears on Google. Our merchant solutions help you reach hundreds of millions of people looking to buy products like yours each day.
What is necessary for a Google Merchant account?
You’ll need a Google account (like Gmail) to sign up for Merchant Center. If you don’t have a Google account, go to accounts.google.com and click Create account. When you’re ready, go to Merchant Center and sign in with your Google account to get started.
How do I approve my Google Merchant Account?
Under “Google Merchant Center,” click Details. Find the account you want to link. The “Status” column will say “Needs your approval.” Click View request in the “Actions” column and review the request details. To approve the link, click Approve.
How do I know if my website is verified by Google?
Select “Google Tag Manager” and click “Verify.” If the Google Tag Manager code is found, you should see a screen letting you know your site has been verified. Once your site is verified, do not remove the GTM code from your site, or your site will become unverified.
How do I get my website verified by Google?
1. Get your verification code
- Sign in to your Google Admin console.
- At the top of the dashboard, click the buttons to set up your G Suite account and verify your domain.
- On the Verify your domain page, you’ll see the meta tag to use to verify your domain.
- Copy the entire verification record.
What can you do with Google Merchant Center?
Google Merchant Center helps you get your shop and product info into Google and make it available to shoppers across Google. That means that everything about your shops and products is available to customers when they search on a Google property.
Is Google Merchant Center the same as Google ads?
The Merchant Center’s product information is available in Google Ads for campaign creation. If the Google Ads account is also linked to a Google My Business account, business listings from the linked Google My Business account are available to use in the local inventory ads program.
How do I fix a suspended Google merchant account?
To fix suspended Google Shopping products, you will need to:
- Go to your Merchant Center Diagnostics page and review the “Item issues” tab.
- Access “Learn more” links to find steps to resolve your specific issues.
- Implement long-term strategies to prevent future suspensions.
- Correct and resubmit product data for review.
How do I connect my Google Merchant Center to Google ads?
To link to other Google Ads accounts:
- In your Merchant Center account, click the tools icon and then click Linked accounts under ‘Settings’.
- Select Google Ads.
- Under ‘Other Google Ads accounts’, click Link account and enter the Google Ads customer ID of the account that you want to link.
- Click Send link request.
What is Google site verification?
Verification is the process of proving that you own the site that you claim to own. We need to confirm ownership because once you are verified for a site, then you have access to its private Google Search data, and can affect how Google Search crawls the site.
What happens when you verify your Google Merchant address?
Verification doesn’t give Google any elevated access to your website. Bear in mind that only the user who verifies a website can later claim it. When you claim your website address, you associate your verified website address with your Merchant Center account, creating a link between them.
How to claim your website with Google Merchant Center?
To complete the process, you need to claim your site. This means you’re reserving the URL that you’ve verified for use with your Merchant Center account. If you have verified your website URL with Google before, you can complete the process without leaving Merchant Center.
When to use GTIN attribute in Google Merchant Center?
Use the gtin attribute to submit Global Trade Item Numbers (GTINs). A GTIN uniquely identifies your product. This specific number helps us to make your ad richer and easier for users to find.
How to claim a domain in merchant center?
If your domain is already verified in an existing Google Search Console account, the easiest option for claiming that URL in Merchant Center is to add the Google Account for your Merchant Center account as an Owner of the verified Google Search Console account.