How do I get rid of Windows 7 not genuine message?
Fix 2. Reset the Licensing Status of Your Computer with SLMGR -REARM Command
- Click on the start menu and type cmd in the search field.
- Type SLMGR -REARM and press Enter.
- Restart your PC, and you will find that the “This copy of Windows is not genuine” message no longer occurs.
How can I make my pirated Windows 7 genuine?
How to Make Make a Pirated Version of Windows Legal
- Download Key Update Tool, a utility provided by Microsoft to change the license key of Windows.
- Launch the utility – the utility will then check the system files.
- Enter the valid license key and click Next.
- Accept the EULA and click Next.
- Click Finish.
How do I uninstall KB971033?
- Click on Start.
- Then click on Control Panel.
- Now click on Programs.
- Click on View installed Updates.
- Search for “Update for Windows 7 (KB971033)”
- Right click on it and select Uninstall.
- This will uninstall this activation update and you’ll be able to use your Windows 7 computer without any error message.
What happens if I update pirated Windows 7?
Certain updates and software may be blocked at Microsoft’s discretion, such as value-adding updates and non-security-related software. Bootlegged copies of Windows Vista can still access updates through the Windows Update control panel.
How can I update non genuine Windows 7?
You can’t upgrade from a non-genuine copy of Windows. Your best option would be to reinstall XP, then you could buy the Windows 7 Professional Upgrade at the student price.
Can I get a free copy of Windows 7?
The only legal way to get a completely free copy of Windows 7 is by transferring a licence from another Windows 7 PC for which you didn’t pay a penny – perhaps one that’s been passed on to you from a friend or relative or one you’ve picked up from Freecycle, for example.