How do I force my iPhone 6 into recovery mode?
How to Put the iPhone 6s and Older Into Recovery Mode
- Connect your iPhone to a computer.
- Press and hold the Home and Side (or Top) buttons, as mentioned above.
- Keep holding the buttons even once you see the Apple logo.
- Release both buttons when you see the Recovery Mode screen.
Why is iPhone restore not working?
Oftentimes, an iPhone won’t restore because a broken or otherwise faulty Lightning cable. Try using a different Lightning cable, or borrow one from a friend. Additionally, using third-party cables that are not MFi-certified by Apple can cause restore problems.
How do I restore my iPhone 6 without a computer?
And here are detailed steps.
- Open “Settings” on your device > Tap on “General” > Scroll down the screen and choose “Reset”.
- Choose “Reset All Content and Settings” and enter your password > Tap on “Erase iPhone” to confirm.
- Reach to the Apps & Data screen > Tap Restore from iCloud Backup.
What is DFU mode in iPhone?
What exactly is DFU mode? Device Firmware Update is a mode that an iPhone or iPad can be put in to get your device back into working order. DFU is very similar to the BIOS on Windows computers or Recovery Mode on a Mac. This mode is available ‘below’ the operating system level.
How can I hard reset my iPhone 6?
To force restart or hard reset your device, press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons simultaneously for at least ten seconds. After about ten seconds, you should see the Apple logo and can release the buttons. That’s it.
How can I reset my iPhone 6 without a computer?
Part 1. Factory Reset an iPhone Without a Computer via Settings
- Go to the Settings app > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings.
- The process will take a couple of minutes to complete.
- Open Safari or any browsers on any of your device > Enter icloud.com > Log in with your Apple ID and password.
Why is my iPhone 6 stuck in recovery mode?
In most cases, an iPhone that gets stuck on recovery mode denotes something went wrong with the update or restore process. It might have been interrupted due to insufficient power charge.
How to reset iPhone in recovery mode?
Here are the necessary steps: Connect your Apple device to a computer and open iTunes. Once connected, press and hold both the Sleep/Wake and the Home button, in order to force restart. You will see the option to Restore or Update. Choose Update. Reset your device. If you had a backup either with iTunes or iCloud, you may be able to restore your old data from your backup.
How do you enter recovery mode on iPhone?
Hold the Home button on your iPhone and connect the other end of the USB cable to it. When the “Connect to iTunes” screen appears, release the button. At this point, iTunes opens automatically and notifies you that your iPhone is in recovery mode. Click “OK” and then click “Restore” to start the restore process.
How do I update my iPhone in recovery mode?
Here’s how to put your iPhone into recovery mode. Check that iTunes has been updated to the latest version, and then close it down. Now plug your iPhone into your PC or Mac using the USB cable, and open iTunes. Press and hold the power and Home buttons at the same time.