How do I fix location not available on external hard drive?
Fix 3. Run CHKDSK Command to Fix Corrupted Hard Drive
- Press the “Windows” key and type cmd.
- Right-click “Command Prompt” and choose “Run as administrator”.
- Enter the following command: chkdsk e: /f /r /x. (“
- After the process, shut down the window. Try to access the hard drive or external hard drive again.
How do you fix desktop refers to a location that is unavailable error Windows 7?
Fix: “system32\config\systemprofile\Desktop” refers to a location that is unavailable
- Solution 1: Repair Corrupt System Files.
- Solution 3: Reset Desktop’s Location.
- Solution 4: Move Profile’s Content Back to Its Location.
- Solution 5: Create a New User Profile.
How do you fix desktop refers to a location that is unavailable error?
Solution 2. Restore the Default Path
- Step 1: Launch File Explorer.
- Step 2: Find the “Desktop” folder, right-click it, and select “Properties”.
- Step 3: Switch to the “Location tab”.
- Step 4: Restart your PC and check if your problem is fixed on startup.
What does it mean when your computer says location is not available?
The reason why “Location is Not Available. Access is denied” Windows 10 error occurs can vary, but it is most commonly associated with inadequate administrator permissions, which could be altered by your administrator or malware.
How do I fix Windows 7 registry file is missing or corrupt?
\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SYSTEM is missing or corrupt
- 2.1 Fix #1: Restore corrupted registry via Easy Recovery Essentials.
- 2.2 Fix #2: Reboot a PC into “Last Known Good Configuration”
- 2.3 Fix #2: Check the disk file system with CHKDSK utility.
- 2.4 Fix #3: Restore the registry manually.
Why is location not available?
Go to your iPhone settings, scroll down and tap on ‘Privacy’. In privacy settings, tap the option for ‘Location Services’. Then, make sure that the toggle for ‘Location Services’ is on. Also, scroll down to the list of apps and make sure that both ‘Find My’ and ‘Messages’ can access your location.
How do I fix my desktop not accessible?
Access is denied.
- Desktop is not accessible.
- Running CMD as an administrator.
- Choose the option at the bottom for a non-Microsoft account.
- How to successfully restart ‘explorer.exe’
- Choose Upgrade This PC Now for an in-place upgrade.
- Opening Local Disk inside Thic PC.
- Reveal and open the Default folder.
What is C :\ Windows SYSTEM32 Config Systemprofile desktop is unavailable?
The “C:\Windows\system32\config\systemprofile\Desktop is unavailable” error might happen when your Desktop folder is corrupted. In this case, restoring the folder can fix your issue. 3) Right-click Desktop and select Properties. 4) Click the Location tab, then click Restore Default.
What is C :\ Windows System32 Config Systemprofile desktop is unavailable?
Why does my external hard drive say unavailable?
If your external hard drive is not working properly nor recognized in Windows 10 but was fine in the previous OS, then it’s most likely because the driver software is outdated or broken. First, run Hardware Troubleshooting and check if it helps. 1) Type “troubleshooting” in the search box and open it.