How do I change the URL of a Joomla article?
To change the Article URL, go to Content – Article manager, open the appropriate article and type in new link into the Alias field.
How do I redirect a URL to another site in joomla?
How to redirect a page using Joomla Redirect Manager?
- Log into your Administrator.
- Open System -> Global Configuration.
- Under the Site tab, find Use URL Rewriting and enable it.
How do I link to an article in Joomla?
Go to the article in which you want the link to appear.
- Highlight the text that you want to be a link to the article.
- Click the create “Insert Link” button, which cause a pop-up to appear.
- Paste your relative url in the url area.
- Click Insert.
How do I redirect in Joomla?
Make sure the Joomla System – Redirect plugin is enabled. Go to Extensions > Plugin Manager, find “System – Redirect” and make sure it is enabled. That’s it! You can add as many Joomla Redirects as necessary for your website.
What is alias in Joomla?
Aliases are short pieces of text that represent the title of certain items (Menu items, Articles and Categories) in a machine-friendly format. This format allows only lowercase letters and dashes (-). Aliases are used by Joomla to make Search Engine Friendly URLs.
How do I create a 404 page in Joomla?
Four Steps to Creating a Custom 404 Error Page
- Create an Uncategorized ‘404’ Article.
- Create and copy a link to that new 404 Article.
- Copy error.php to your Template’s Directory.
How do I link to an article in Joomla 3?
Once the article is open, highlight the text that you would like to link to another article, and select the “Article” link that is below the “Article Text” area. In the window that opens, select the article where the link will be directed. Once you select the article, you will be returned to the Article Manager.
How do I create an article link?
Create a hyperlink to a location on the web
- Select the text or picture that you want to display as a hyperlink.
- Press Ctrl+K. You can also right-click the text or picture and click Link on the shortcut menu.
- In the Insert Hyperlink box, type or paste your link in the Address box.
How do I fix Joomla 404 error?
Repair broken links using Joomla Redirects component
- The broken URL address.
- The new URL address. The broken URL will be redirected to this one.
- Make sure the status is “Enabled”
- Click on “Save & Close”
How do you make a page not found?
How to Create a Great Custom 404 Error Page
- Step 1: Design the Page. At the start of your design process, you need to decide how funny and creative you want your custom 404 page to be.
- Step 2: Configure the Server.
- Step 3: Test Your Configuration.
- Step 4: Track 404 Sessions in Google Analytics.
How do you put a link in an article?
Select the text or picture that you want to display as a hyperlink. Press Ctrl+K. You can also right-click the text or picture and click Link on the shortcut menu. In the Insert Hyperlink box, type or paste your link in the Address box.