Can I use enjoy with ing?
In general we prefer to use the verb-ing after like, love or hate. with the verb ENJOY, if there is a verb after it, we can only use a VERB-ING and NOT an infinitive.
What is the correct form of enjoy?
|present simple I / you / we / they enjoy||/ɪnˈdʒɔɪ/ /ɪnˈdʒɔɪ/|
|he / she / it enjoys||/ɪnˈdʒɔɪz/ /ɪnˈdʒɔɪz/|
|past simple enjoyed||/ɪnˈdʒɔɪd/ /ɪnˈdʒɔɪd/|
|past participle enjoyed||/ɪnˈdʒɔɪd/ /ɪnˈdʒɔɪd/|
|-ing form enjoying||/ɪnˈdʒɔɪɪŋ/ /ɪnˈdʒɔɪɪŋ/|
How do you use enjoy?
- I enjoyed at the party.
- Thanks. I really enjoyed it. Thanks. I really enjoyed.
- I enjoy playing basketball. I enjoy to play basketball.
- I enjoy reading very much. I enjoy very much reading.
- I hope you enjoy your trip. I hope you enjoy with your trip.
Can we say enjoy?
Enjoy! We’d say ‘enjoy yourself’ when someone is going somewhere or will be doing things themselves. ‘enjoy’ can also be short for ‘I hope you enjoy them’ etc.
How do you write enjoy with ING?
We use the -ing form after enjoy but we don’t use a to-infinitive: I never enjoyed cycling. Not: I never enjoyed to cycle. They enjoyed meeting people on their trip around Italy.
Can I say Im enjoying?
Yes, you can say “I am enjoying the film a lot.” It means that you are enjoying the film that you are watching at that moment.
What can I say instead of enjoy?
Synonyms & Antonyms of enjoy
- delight (in),
- get off (on),
- groove (on),
When to Use enjoy or enjoys?
I enjoy ….” But for the sentence as written person is third person, so “enjoys” is the correct form.
How can I use enjoy in a sentence?
Enjoy sentence example
- They would have some time to enjoy a late Christmas at home when they returned.
- I hope you enjoy the lecture.
- You’re beginning to enjoy it, aren’t you?
- I enjoy traveling, especially to very different places.
- I know I’ll enjoy being with my family – no matter where we go.
Is enjoy a sentence?
“She enjoys the beauty in this park.” “They are enjoying their retirement.” “The tourists enjoy the local food.” “He enjoys his status in the community.”
How do you use enjoy in a sentence?
Enjoying sentence example
- We are enjoying ourselves!
- You seemed to be enjoying it when I carried you across the creek.
- It was a beautiful day and the town seemed to be enjoying it.
- Enjoying your new assignment?
- He was enjoying the sensation of her in his arms as much as he was there to comfort her.
How is the word enjoy used in English?
The verb like enjoy, mind, etc. take another verb with gerund (-ing) as their pattern. The verbs love and hate are among the verbs that can be followed by either gerund or infinitive as in here. So, you can also say – I love/hate reading.
Which is correct to’enjoy’or’ger’?
As to “to enjoy + ger” I would say the verb actually means to be in joy about something. So when you say “I enjoy reading” then you could explain the use of the gerund by saying: I am in joy about/by reading. I don’t know whether this is historically correct, but it may be probable, in any case it makes the use of the gerund plausible.
When to use gerund or infinitive in enjoy?
Some take gerund, some take infinitive and some take infinitive or gerund. The verb like enjoy, mind, etc. take another verb with gerund (-ing) as their pattern. The verbs love and hate are among the verbs that can be followed by either gerund or infinitive as in here. So, you can also say – I love/hate reading.
Why is the word’stop’before the verb’enjoy’?
Logically, the verb that comes after STOP in the sentence is actually before it in the order of the actions: you have to watch TV before you stop watching it. The verb STOP implies or infers logical anteriority as well as a strong link between what you were doing and what you stopped doing.